BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
5625 O'Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD 21224-4630
Phone: 410/633-9500 | Fax: 410/633-2812 | 175 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center!
For guests visiting Johns Hopkins Hospital nearby, our Baltimore hotel provides them with a quick and easy commute.
A number of our Baltimore hotel guests stay with us before setting sail at the Maryland Port & Cruise Terminal, while others are in town for an event at the downtown Baltimore Convention Center. The Baltimore Inner Harbor is just minutes away, and our I-95 location makes us a favorite for guests looking for convenience and a great value.
The National Aquarium in Baltimore is a must for many of our Baltimore hotel guests, but for others a stroll around the brick promenade at the Inner Harbor is in order. From checking out a game of the Baltimore Orioles to simply shopping, dining and sightseeing, there's always something happening nearby.
We're a full service conference, catering and meeting facility, easily accessible off of I-95 and ideal for your big event. There's free parking and a complimentary scheduled shuttle. Just minutes from downtown Baltimore, business travelers find it easy to commute and get to those meetings.
If you're with Holabird Industrial Park, port and shipping companies, or hospital and pharmaceutical companies, you'll be in good company. Those are just a few of the regular guests at our Baltimore hotel. With upgraded bedding, plenty of space and well-appointed rooms, relaxing is a breeze, whether you need some down time between your work schedules or have a busy sightseeing itinerary. If our friendly staff can help make your trip better in any way, just let us know.
Book a room at BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center today for a great rate!
Due to emergency repairs the hotels pool will be closed until April 27th, 2014.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Indoor pool, heated, three to five feet deep, the pool is open seven days a week. December through March from 12:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. April through November from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Exercise, 24 hour, free
- Cocktail lounge
- Meeting room
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Fax services, nominal charge at front desk
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- 24-hour front desk
- Sauna room
- Laundromat, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Stair Stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Guest laundry
- Express check out
- Late check out, upon request if available
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary, 24 hours
- Printer available
- Notary public
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Air-conditioning, in public areas
- Local shuttle, dedicated destinations & times
- Outdoor parking, free to hotel guests
- Free parking, free to hotel guests
- Parking for the physically challenged free to hotel guests
- Truck/RV parking free to hotel guests
- Business center/board room with three computers
- Complimentary newspaper, available at the front desk
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus hotel & conference center in Baltimore.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
Conveniently located, the best western plus hotel & conference center in Baltimore, Maryland is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 39.279715 / Latitude: -76.547195
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 95. North or southbound: Take Exit 57 to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center.
From: Baltimore Washington International Airport (14 miles). Exit the airport via Interstate 95 West. Merge onto Interstate 95 North. Take Exit 57 to the BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
History buffs looking to spend quality time in downtown Baltimore, have a must-see destination to add to their list. Historic Federal Hill Park is the place. This beautiful park has roots dating back to the War of 1812, when it was a lookout point. The park, located south of Inner Harbor, provides incredible views of downtown Baltimore. Baltimore area residents and visitors have enjoyed outdoor recreation at the park's location, since 1879.
The buildings in the Federal Hill Historic District surrounding the park are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. After relaxing in the park, enjoy a pleasant stroll to nearby Cross Street Market, built in the 19th century, to find shops, restaurants, taverns and the Maryland Science Center. Stay close to downtown, in a comfortable Best Western guest room and enjoy your time in Charm City.
Monument City is not only home to Inner Harbor, but also to the Baltimore National Aquarium and many historical museums and monuments. Fort McHenry National Monument encompasses over 43 acres of land on the Locust Point peninsula, near the opening of Baltimore Harbor. The star-shaped brick fort, built between 1799 and 1802, housed the United States Army's enlisted men, quarters for the Commanding Officer, quarters for the Junior Officers, a guardhouse and the Powder Magazine. Fort McHenry was named after James McHenry, the second Secretary of War.
After the United States began war with England in 1812, Fort McHenry defeated the British, upon their attack of the fort. Francis Scott Key was inspired to write a poem entitled "The Star-Spangled Banner", when he saw an American Flag flying after the British attack. This historical poem later became the United States national anthem. In 1925, this historical fort was established as a national park. After a day of visiting this incredible fort and the many other city attractions, check into a comfortable Best Western guest room. Make the most of your time in Maryland.
Inner Harbor is a historic Chesapeake Bay seaport in Baltimore. Inner Harbor is action-packed. The Harborplace stores, restaurants and entertainment revitalized this seaport. The Baltimore National Aquarium, Baltimore Maritime Museum, USS Constellation, the Baltimore World Trade Center, the Maryland Science Center, Pier Six Concert Pavilion and Baltimore Convention Center are all located in the harbor.
The Camden Yards Sports Complex, home to Oriole Park for the Baltimore Orioles and M&T Bank Stadium for the Ravens and Babe Ruth Birthplace & Museum are located 3 blocks from Inner Harbor. The Fort McHenry National Monument and Maryland Zoo are also must-sees in the city. After a day of sight-seeing, enjoy comfortable and convenient accommodations with Best Western hotels, while traveling in Maryland.
Ready for some football, in Baltimore? Head to M&T Bank Stadium, south of downtown Baltimore, to cheer on the Baltimore Ravens of the National Football League. This multi-purpose, stadium has been the home of the Ravens since it was completed in 1998. This impressive stadium has also hosts the Johns Hopkins University's men's lacrosse team games, an annual high school rival football game (one of the oldest in the country), plus concerts and lacrosse tournaments.
M&T Bank Stadium is considered to be the "crowning jewel" of the sports facilities in the National Football League. It features 71,008 seats including 8,196 club seats and 128 suites, two high definition RavensVision video screens and Shaw Sportexe Momentum Turf. Enjoy a day of football fun at the stadium, to round out your Baltimore visit. After the game, check into one of the local Best Western hotels, for an wonderful night's rest.
The Maryland Port and Cruise Terminal is the deprature point for many cruises to the Caribbean, Bahamas, Bermuda, New England, and Canada.
The Maryland Science Center is located in downtown Baltimore's Inner Harbor, a thriving tourist destination. When the center opened in 1976, it helped revitalize Inner Harbor to become the popular city attraction that it is today. Schedule plenty of time to explore the extensive collection of museum exhibits, the observatory and planetarium. Favorite exhibits include: Dinosaur Mysteries, Our Place in Space, Follow the Blue Crab and the Kids Room, filled with fun activities for kids aged 8 years old and younger.
While visiting Inner Harbor, be sure to tour the USS Constellation, the Baltimore National Aquarium and Baltimore World Trade Center. Check into one of the convenient Best Western locations in Baltimore, for superb guest amenities and accommodations. Enjoy your time in Maryland.
Become a kid again for a day in the exciting city of Baltimore. Do so, by visiting the Maryland Zoo in Baltimore and enjoy a day of fun! Established in 1876 as the Baltimore Zoo, it's America's third oldest zoo. This historic zoo is home to more than 2,000 animals and actively participates in conservation efforts with its over twenty Species Survival Plans. The zoo is also an Arctic Ambassador Center for polar bear conservation.
Schedule plenty of time to see all of the animals, including the largest group of African black-footed penguins in captivity, in North America. Enjoy all of the variety of activities for a day of fun. Take the kids to the Kid Zone to help brush the Nubian goats and feed the giraffes at the Giraffe Feeding Station. Spend time in the Creature Encounters, have fun during a Zoo Scavenger Hunt and chat with the Zookeepers during one of the Keeper Chat programs. There's plenty to do to make everyone happy. Stay close to this wonderful Baltimore zoo as a guest of Best Western hotels.
Baseball fans in the Balitmore area, have a great reason to love the sport. They watch their hometown Major League Baseball team, the Baltimore Orioles, play in Oriole Park at Camden Yard. The Orioles have played their home games in the ballpark since it was completed in 1992, replacing Memorial Stadium. It was the first ballpark built during the 1990s, with a "retro-style" architecture, providing great views for the fans.
It became an inspiration for baseball stadiums to be built in the "retro" style. The stadium features seats for 45,971 fans, with standing room for an additional 800 people, plus picnic tables with umbrellas behind the two-tiered bullpens. Its location in downtown Baltimore, is close to nearby attractions including Inner Harbor and M&T Bank Stadium. Check into one of local Best Western hotels, to make the most of your time in Baltimore.
Escape to a beautiful oasis during your next visit to Baltimore, "The Greatest City in America". Sherwood Gardens is the place to be. The history of the park dates back to the 1920s, when John W. Sherwood planted a garden of tulips from the Netherlands. Today, this wonderful six-acre park is filled with approximately 80,000 tulips, beautiful evergreens, old English boxwoods, bright azaleas and rare trees. Spend the afternoon strolling the grounds to view the magnificent tulips, as well as, the flowering dogwood trees, wisteria, magnolias and flowering cherry trees.
Spring time remains the best season to view the variety of flowering bulbs. At the end of each season, bring your spade to help dig up the tulip bulbs. Visitors may purchase the bulbs for a nominal fee. The garden will once again be ready for the planting of the new tulip bulbs for the next season's flowering. After a fun day in the gardens, check into one of the nearby Baltimore area Best Western hotels, for comfortable accommodations and excellent guest services.
The Nation's Capital region is not only home to many historical attractions, but also to many fine universities. The University of Maryland, established in 1856, is among them. This flagship research university in the University System of Maryland, is the largest higher education institution in Maryland and the capital region. It's location southwest of Baltimore, and northeast of Washington D.C. has been beneficial in receiving Federal government research partnerships. The university is one of four Mid-Atlantic region Public Ivy universities, in which its over 37,000 students receive a Ivy League education at a public university price.
With 127 undergraduate degrees and 112 graduate degrees available for pursuit, University of Maryland students have a wide variety of degree choices, from the university's thirteen colleges and schools. While in the area, be sure to tour this beautiful 1,250 acre campus, featuring red-brick Georgian buildings adorned with white columns. Stay close to the university as a guest of one of the Baltimore area Best Western hotels and enjoy a wonderful night's rest.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 2.00 mile(s) from Canton, Restaurants, pubs, and night life
- 3.00 mile(s) from Little Italy, Restaurants
- 3.00 mile(s) from Fells Point, Restaurants, pubs, and night life
- 3.00 mile(s) from Cruise Terminal, Port of Baltimore cruise terminal
- 3.00 mile(s) from R.F. Lewis African Museum, museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from Inner Harbor, free shuttle available
- 4.00 mile(s) from Fort McHenry
- 4.00 mile(s) from USS Constellation
- 4.00 mile(s) from Sports Legends Museum
- 4.00 mile(s) from National Aquarium in Baltimore
- 4.00 mile(s) from Port Discovery
- 4.00 mile(s) from Baltimore Convention Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Maryland Science Center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Oriole Park-Camden Yards, Oriole's baseball
- 4.00 mile(s) from M&T Raven's Stadium, Raven's football
- 4.00 mile(s) from Spirit of Baltimore, harbor boat ride
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pier Six Pavillion, outside concerts
- 4.00 mile(s) from Babe Ruth Museum
- 5.00 mile(s) from B & O Railroad Museum
- 7.00 mile(s) from Walters Art Gallery
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lyric Opera House
- 10.00 mile(s) from Maryland Zoo
- 13.00 mile(s) from Medieval Times
- 3.00 mile(s) from East Point Mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Gallery at the Inner Harbor
- 10.00 mile(s) from White Marsh Mall
- 13.00 mile(s) from Arundel Mills Mall
- 13.00 mile(s) from Towson Town Center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Target
- 1.00 mile(s) from Michaels
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harris Teeter
- 1.00 mile(s) from Five Below
- 1.00 mile(s) from DSW, Designer Shoe Warehouse
- 1.00 mile(s) from Loft, it's all about style
- 1.00 mile(s) from Old Navy
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Vitamin Shop
- 1.00 mile(s) from ULTA Beauty, offers customers prestige and mass cosmetics, makeup, fragrance, skincare, bath & body, haircare tools and salon prodcuts.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Nail Trix & Spa
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fresh Cleaners, dry cleaner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sleepy's, mattress discounters
- 1.00 mile(s) from AT&T
- 1.00 mile(s) from My Eye Dr., optometrist & eye wear specialist
- 1.00 mile(s) from BB&T, Bank
- 1.00 mile(s) from TD Bank
- 1.00 mile(s) from Farmstead Shack
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hair Cuttery
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 10.00 mile(s) from Towson
- 10.00 mile(s) from Glen Burnie
- 12.00 mile(s) from Catonsville
- 12.00 mile(s) from White Marsh
- 13.00 mile(s) from Linthicum
- 15.00 mile(s) from Hunt Valley
- 20.00 mile(s) from Aberdeen
- 20.00 mile(s) from Columbia
- 25.00 mile(s) from Annapolis
- 50.00 mile(s) from Washington DC
- 100 mile(s) from Philadelphia, PA
- 100 mile(s) from Dover, DE
- 130 mile(s) from Ocean City
- 150 mile(s) from Atlantic City, NJ
- 1.50 mile(s) from Johns Hopkins Hospital, free shuttle available
- 7.00 mile(s) from Mercy Medical Hospital
- 3.00 mile(s) from Dundalk Community College
- 6.00 mile(s) from John's Hopkins University
- 7.00 mile(s) from Morgan State University
- 10.00 mile(s) from Loyola College
- 10.00 mile(s) from Coppin State University
- 11.00 mile(s) from University of Maryland, Baltimore
- 12.00 mile(s) from Towson University
- 15.00 mile(s) from Goucher College
- Tradewinds, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, serves complimentary breakfast, American fare lunch 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. and American fare dinner from 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Jimmy John's, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, since 1983 gourmet sandwiches
- 1.00 mile(s) from Farmstead Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, fresh, local, lively.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Oriental Wok, full Service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, take out as well as delivery.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Canton Dockside, full service, seafood, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, great steamed crabs!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Broadway Diner, bar/lounge, Greek, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, opoen 24-hours.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Jimmy's Seafood, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chick-fil-a, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Venti Tre 23, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, modern Italian
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bay Cafe, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Sabitino's, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bo Brooks, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Squires, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from P. F. Changs, bar/lounge, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor just one block from where the shuttle drops off.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Phillip's Seafood, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from McCormick & Schmick, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cheesecake Factory, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from California Pizza Kitchen, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Legal Seafood, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Mission BBQ, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Red Robin, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Samos, full service, Greek, open for: lunch, dinner, Greek island grill
- 1.00 mile(s) from Yogi Castle, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner, premium frozen yogurt house
BEST WESTERN PLUS Hotel & Conference Center
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Baltimore. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
Potomac River Waterfowl Festival
Leonardtown hosts this paean to the waterfowl. Festivals staples such as entertainment and kids activities included. Held at St. Mary's County Fairgrounds.
Everything in art, music, and entertainment redefines central Baltimore as America's largest free arts festival returns. Show begins at 11 a.m.
Baltimore Improv Festival
The East Coast's best improv troupes come down to Baltimore's The Creative Alliance for five nights of shows and workshops. Show times vary.
Baltimore Book Festival
Nationally known authors descend onto Baltimore for book signings, exhibitions, readings, and demonstrations. Food, music, and kids' activities included.
Maryland Seafood Festival
Great seafood, cooking demonstrations, entertainment and the ultimate crab soup cook-off run the gamut at Sandy Point State Park in Annapolis.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean