Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
5625 O'Donnell Street, Baltimore, MD 21224-4630
Phone: +1 410-633-9500 | Fax: 410/633-2812 | 175 Rooms
Check Out Time: 12:00 PM | Check In: 4:00 PM | Online Reservations
Welcome to Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center!
For guests visiting Johns Hopkins Hospital nearby, our Baltimore hotel location provides them with a quick and easy commute. There's free parking and a complimentary scheduled shuttle. Please be advised that our shuttle is not wheelchair accessible. Our Front Desk will be happy to refer you to a local company offering these services.
A number of our Baltimore hotel guests stay with us before setting sail at the Maryland Port & Cruise Terminal, while others are in town for an event at the downtown Baltimore Convention Center. The Baltimore Inner Harbor is just minutes away and our I-95 location makes us a favorite for guests looking for convenience and a great value.
The National Aquarium in Baltimore is a must for many of our Baltimore hotel guests, but for others a stroll around the brick promenade at the Inner Harbor is in order. From checking out a game of the Baltimore Orioles to simply shopping, dining and sightseeing, there's always something happening nearby.
We're a full service conference, catering and meeting facility, easily accessible off of I-95 and ideal for your big event. There's free parking and a complimentary scheduled shuttle. Just minutes from downtown Baltimore, business travelers find it easy to commute and get to those meetings.
If you're with Holabird Industrial Park, port and shipping companies or hospital and pharmaceutical companies, you'll be in good company. Those are just a few of the regular guests at our Baltimore hotel. With upgraded bedding, plenty of space and well-appointed rooms, relaxing is a breeze, whether you need some down time between your work schedules or have a busy sightseeing itinerary. If our friendly staff can help make your trip better in any way, just let us know.
Book a room at Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center today for a great rate! Welcome to Best Western!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- High-Speed Wireless Internet Access
- Indoor Pool Heated
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Restaurant on-site
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Indoor pool Heated three to five feet deep, the pool is open seven days a week. Weekday Pool hours 10:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m; Weekend pool hours 11:00 a.m - 10:00 p.m
- Exercise, 24 hour, free
- Cocktail lounge
- Meeting room
- Safe deposit box
- Ice/vending machines
- Fax services, nominal charge at front desk
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- 24-hour front desk
- Laundromat, nominal fee
- Dry cleaning
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Stair Stepper
- Stationary bike
- Inter corridor
- Multilingual staff English, Arabic, French, Urdu, Spanish and Filipino
- Guest laundry
- Express check out
- Late check out, upon request if available
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center, complimentary, 24 hours
- Printer available
- Notary public
- Banquet facilities
- Conference facilities
- Convenience store/Sundry
- Air-conditioning, in public areas
- Local shuttle, dedicated destinations & times
- Outdoor parking, free to hotel guests
- Free parking, free to hotel guests
- Parking for the physically challenged free to hotel guests
- Truck/RV parking free to hotel guests
- Business center/board room with three computers
- Complimentary newspaper, available at the front desk
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
Take advantage of the savings and fun with these 2 package deals available at the best western plus hotel & conference center in Baltimore.
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
Conveniently located, the best western plus hotel & conference center in Baltimore, Maryland is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 39.279715 / Latitude: -76.547195
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Interstate 95. North or southbound: Take Exit 57 to the Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center.
From: Baltimore Washington International Airport (14 miles). Exit the airport via Interstate 95 West. Merge onto Interstate 95 North. Take Exit 57 to the Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center.
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Plan your next trip to Maryland and enjoy some time on the campus at Coppin State University. Head for central Maryland and make your way into Baltimore – you'll find Coppin State just four miles northwest of downtown. A tour of the Coppin State campus is ideal for those with high school seniors.
Coppin State University was founded in 1900, and has historically been a black college. In 1926, the school was named Fanny Jackson Coppin Normal School in honor of Fanny Jackson Coppin, a pioneer in teacher education. Today, Coppin State University features a host of sports teams – don't miss the CSU Eagles soar to great heights on your next visit.
History buffs looking to spend quality time in downtown Baltimore, have a must-see destination to add to their list. Historic Federal Hill Park is the place. This beautiful park has roots dating back to the War of 1812, when it was a lookout point.
The buildings in the Federal Hill Historic District surrounding the park are listed on the National Register of Historic Places. After relaxing in the park, enjoy a pleasant stroll to nearby Cross Street Market, built in the 19th century, to find shops, restaurants, taverns and the Maryland Science Center.
Fort McHenry National Monument encompasses over 43 acres of land on the Locust Point peninsula, near the opening of Baltimore Harbor.
The star-shaped brick fort, built between 1799 and 1802, housed the United States Army's enlisted men, quarters for the Commanding Officer, quarters for the Junior Officers, a guardhouse and the Powder Magazine. Fort McHenry was named after James McHenry, the second Secretary of War.
Francis Scott Key was inspired to write a poem entitled "The Star-Spangled Banner," when he saw an American flag flying after the British attack on Maryland during the War of 1812. This later because the national anthem of the United States.
The National Aquarium in Baltimore, Baltimore Maritime Museum, USS Constellation, the Baltimore World Trade Center, the Maryland Science Center, Pier Six Concert Pavilion, and Baltimore Convention Center are all located in the Harborplace.
The Camden Yards Sports Complex, home to Oriole Park at Camden Yard for the MLB Orioles and M&T Bank Stadium for the NFL Ravens and Babe Ruth Birthplace & Museum are located three blocks from Inner Harbor.
Following their motto, "The Truth Shall Set You Free," Johns Hopkins University is a premier school in the country – not just Maryland. Split into 10 units across campuses in Maryland and DC, Johns Hopkins is named after a philanthropist by the same name. His seven million dollar donation in 1876 helped fund the creation of Johns Hopkins Hospital near Baltimore.
JHU is famous world wide, with notable alumni like former US President Woodrow Wilson, and 1934 Nobel Prize in Medicine winner George Hoyt Whipple. Since 1972, students and locals have enjoyed the annual JHU Spring Fair. Catch a JHU Blue Jays game on your visit – Homewood Field houses the JHU lacrosse team, while the Newton White Athletic Center is home to Blue Jays basketball.
Established in 1852, the institute consists of three schools: Loyola College of Arts & Sciences, the Loyola School of Education, and the Sellinger School of Business & Management. Loyola’s athletics department consists of 17 varsity teams known as the Loyola Greyhounds – and part of the Patriot League.
This multi-purpose, stadium has been the home of the Ravens since it was completed in 1998. This impressive stadium has also hosts the Johns Hopkins University's men's lacrosse team games, an annual high school rival football game (one of the oldest in the country), plus concerts and lacrosse tournaments.
M&T Bank Stadium is considered to be the "crowning jewel" of the sports facilities in the National Football League. It features 71,008 seats, including 8,196 club seats and 128 suites, two high definition RavensVision video screens and Shaw Sportexe Momentum Turf. Enjoy a day of football fun at the stadium to round out your Baltimore visit.
Covering 747 acres, MTN is also home to Maryland Air National Guard's 175th Wing, and the Warfield Air National Guard Base. Owned by the Maryland Aviation Administration, MTN features one runway and one terminal.
Located in beautiful downtown Baltimore at the Inner Harbor, the Maryland Science Center is a thriving tourist destination in Maryland. When the center opened in 1976, it helped revitalize Inner Harbor to become the popular city attraction that it is today. Schedule plenty of time to explore the extensive collection of museum exhibits, the observatory, and planetarium.
Favorite exhibits include: Dinosaur Mysteries, Our Place in Space, Follow the Blue Crab, and the Kids Room, filled with fun activities for kids 8 years old and younger. While visiting Inner Harbor, be sure to tour the USS Constellation, the National Aquarium in Baltimore, and Baltimore World Trade Center.
Become a kid again for a day in the exciting city of Baltimore. Do so by visiting the Maryland Zoo and enjoy a day of fun at Druid Hill Park in Baltimore. Established in 1876 as the Baltimore Zoo, this historic park is America's third oldest zoo.
MZ is home to more than 2,000 animals, and participates in conservation efforts with over 20 Species Survival Plans. Maryland Zoo is also an Arctic Ambassador Center for polar bear conservation.
Schedule plenty of time to see all of the animals, including the largest group of African black-footed penguins in North America. Take the kids to the Kid Zone to help brush the Nubian goats and feed the giraffes at the Giraffe Feeding Station.
Spend time in the Creature Encounters, have fun during a Zoo Scavenger Hunt, and check out the Keeper Chat programs.
Whether you're looking at potential colleges with your high school senior, or if you're hoping to catch a glimpse of exciting college sports, make Morgan State University a part of your next trip into Maryland and the central region. Found less than five miles northeast of downtown Baltimore, MSU was established in 1867.
As you tour the MSU campus, don't skip a chance to see the Clarence M. Mitchell, Jr. School of Engineering building. The Earl S. Richardson Library holds more than 660,000 volumes and historic artifacts. Sports fans can see the Morgan State Bears play across 13 different varsity sports.
National Aquarium in Baltimore
Home to 750 species and more than 17,000 specimens, the Baltimore National Aquarium is known as one of the best aquariums in the country – and a top tourist attraction in Maryland. The aquarium's major exhibits are housed in three buildings.
The non-profit National Aquarium in Baltimore features unique exhibits like Upland Tropical Rain Forest, the Atlantic Coral Reef, and Australia: Wild Extremes – plus a 4D Immersion Theater.
Oriole Park at Camden Yard
Baseball fans in the Balitmore area have a great reason to love the sport. Charm City is home to Major League Baseball's Baltimore Orioles, playing at Oriole Park at Camden Yard since 1992.
Oriole Park was the first ballpark built during the 1990s, with a "retro-style" architecture – providing great views for the fans.
Oriole Park at Camden Yard became an inspiration for baseball stadiums to be built in the "retro" style. The stadium features seats for 45,971 fans, with standing room for an additional 800 people, plus picnic tables.
Escape to a beautiful oasis during your next visit to Baltimore . Sherwood Gardens is the place to be. The history of the park dates back to the 1920s, when John W. Sherwood planted a garden of tulips from the Netherlands.
Today, this wonderful six-acre park is filled with approximately 80,000 tulips, beautiful evergreens, old English boxwoods, bright azaleas, and rare trees.
Spend the afternoon strolling the grounds to view the magnificent tulips, as well as, the flowering dogwood trees, wisteria, magnolias and flowering cherry trees. Spring time remains the best season to view the variety of flowering bulbs in Baltimore.
At the end of each season, bring your spade to help dig up the tulip bulbs. Visitors may purchase the bulbs for a nominal fee. The garden will once again be ready for the planting of the new tulip bulbs for the next season's flowering.
Be sure to visit one of the premier private schools in Maryland on your next visit to the central region. Check out Stevenson University, just north of Baltimore. Founded in 1947, Stevenson also features a campus in Owings Mills. Before 2008, the school was named Villa Julie College.
Stevenson University features a wide range of undergraduate and post-graduate degree programs. Enjoy a campus tour at Stevenson with your soon-to-be-graduated high school senior, or simply enjoy seeing the history and culture of the area. In sports, the Stevenson Mustangs compete in a slew of sports within the Middle Atlantic Conference.
An ideal way to spend an afternoon in the city of Towson is with a campus tour of Towson University. Less than 11 miles north of Baltimore in central Maryland, Towson University is a public school established in 1866.
Former names include Maryland State Normal School, Maryland State Teachers College, and Towson State University. Towson University is known to have been Maryland's first training school for teachers.
Enjoy your visit to Towson and subsequent campus tour at TU. Join thousands of local college sports fans as they cheer on the Towson Tigers. Watch as they compete in 20 different sports at venues like the SECU Arena for basketball, and the Johnny Unitas Stadium for football.
Enjoy a tour through Baltimore on your next visit to Maryland, and as you do so, be sure to explore the campus at the University of Maryland - Baltimore County. Not to be confused with the University of Maryland, UMBC is a smaller university, focusing on graduate programs in engineering and natural sciences.
Established in 1966, UMBC is a public school, and one of the premier institutions in central Maryland. You'll find it less than eight miles west of downtown Baltimore. Ideal for those traveling with high school seniors, the campus at UMBC features Academic Row, the main walk way through campus. The UMBC Retrievers also play across 19 varsity level sports.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 4.00 mile(s) from Baltimore Inner Harbor, the Inner Harbor is the city's premier tourist attraction and one of the city's crown jewels. There's plenty of shopping, eateries and attractions like Ripley's Believe It or Not, the National Aquarium, and the Maryland Science Center.
- 4.00 mile(s) from National Aquarium in Baltimore, more than 15,000 creatures reside here in a rain forest, marine mammal pavilion and petting area. See jellies, animal feedings and a coral reef.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Maryland Science Center, three levels of interactive exhibits as well as an IMAX® theater with a five-story-high movie screen and the 50-foot domed Davis Planetarium.
- 4.00 mile(s) from U.S.S. Constellation, a great all-sail warship of 1854, is the last Civil War-era vessel built by the U.S. Navy.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Oriole Park-Camden Yards, Oriole's baseball
- 4.00 mile(s) from M&T Bank Stadium, Raven's football
- 3.50 mile(s) from Maryland Cruise Terminal
- 4.00 mile(s) from Baltimore Convention Center
- 2.00 mile(s) from Canton, restaurants, pubs, and night life
- 3.00 mile(s) from Little Italy, restaurants
- 3.00 mile(s) from Fells Point, restaurants, pubs, and night life
- 5.00 mile(s) from B & O Railroad Museum, this site is home to the most comprehensive collection of 18th and 19th century railroad artifacts.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Fort McHenry, a strategic location protecting the city during the Revolution, the War of 1812 and the Civil War. A battle here inspired the Star Spangled Banner. New visitors center with films and exhibits.
- 3.00 mile(s) from R.F. Lewis African Museum, the East Coast's largest African-American museum with three galleries, a two-level theatre, an oral history recording studio, workshops, classrooms and cafe.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Sports Legends Museum, the history of the Orioles, Ravens, Colts and Blast, the Negro League Black Sox and collegiate sports.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Port Discovery, ranked among top five U.S. children's museums.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Spirit Cruises, the enclosed, climate-controlled and beautifully renovated Spirit of Baltmore, along with the Inner Harbor Spirit, offers year-round sailing.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Pier Six Pavillion, this facility is one of the most beautiful in the United States for outdoor live entertainment.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Babe Ruth Museum, a National Historic Site, this museum is the birthplace of Babe Ruth. See rare artifacts, photos, videos and more. Located just two blocks from Camden Yards.
- 7.00 mile(s) from Walters Art Museum, acclaimed as one of the best art museums in the United States, the Walters offers 55 centuries of art, including Egyptian mummies, medieval armors and 19th century masterpieces.
- 8.00 mile(s) from Lyric Opera House
- 10.00 mile(s) from Maryland Zoo, is home to more than 2,000 exotic mammals, birds and reptiles.
- 13.00 mile(s) from Medieval Times, dinner and tournament
- 3.00 mile(s) from East Point Mall
- 4.00 mile(s) from Gallery at the Inner Harbor
- 10.00 mile(s) from White Marsh Mall
- 13.00 mile(s) from Arundel Mills Mall
- 13.00 mile(s) from Towson Town Center
- 1.00 mile(s) from Target
- 1.00 mile(s) from Michaels
- 1.00 mile(s) from Harris Teeter
- 1.00 mile(s) from Five Below
- 1.00 mile(s) from DSW, Designer Shoe Warehouse
- 1.00 mile(s) from Loft, it's all about style
- 1.00 mile(s) from Old Navy
- 1.00 mile(s) from The Vitamin Shop
- 1.00 mile(s) from ULTA Beauty, offers customers prestige and mass cosmetics, makeup, fragrance, skincare, bath & body, haircare tools and salon prodcuts.
- 1.00 mile(s) from Nail Trix & Spa
- 1.00 mile(s) from Fresh Cleaners, dry cleaner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Sleepy's, mattress discounters
- 1.00 mile(s) from AT&T
- 1.00 mile(s) from My Eye Dr., optometrist & eye wear specialist
- 1.00 mile(s) from BB&T, Bank
- 1.00 mile(s) from TD Bank
- 1.00 mile(s) from Farmstead Shack
- 1.00 mile(s) from Hair Cuttery
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Hot tub
- Tradewinds, on premises, bar/lounge, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, serves complimentary breakfast, American fare lunch 12:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. and American fare dinner from 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
- Adjacent to McDonald's®, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- Across the street from Subway®, fast food, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Jimmy John's, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner, since 1983 gourmet sandwiches
- 1.00 mile(s) from Farmstead Grill, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner, fresh, local, lively.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Oriental Wok, full Service, Chinese, open for: lunch, dinner, take out as well as delivery.
- 3.00 mile(s) from Canton Dockside, full service, seafood, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, great steamed crabs!
- 2.00 mile(s) from Broadway Diner, bar/lounge, Greek, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, opoen 24-hours.
- 2.00 mile(s) from Jimmy's Seafood, cafe, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Chick-fil-a, fast food, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Venti Tre 23, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner, modern Italian
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bay Cafe, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Sabitino's, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Bo Brooks, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 3.00 mile(s) from Squires, bar/lounge, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from P. F. Changs, bar/lounge, Chinese, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner, located in Baltimore's Inner Harbor just one block from where the shuttle drops off.
- 4.00 mile(s) from Phillip's Seafood, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from McCormick & Schmick, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Cheesecake Factory, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from California Pizza Kitchen, bar/lounge, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 4.00 mile(s) from Legal Seafood, bar/lounge, seafood, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Mission BBQ, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Red Robin, full service, American, open for: lunch, dinner
- 1.00 mile(s) from Samos, full service, Greek, open for: lunch, dinner, Greek island grill
- 1.00 mile(s) from Yogi Castle, ice cream/dessert, American, open for: lunch, dinner, premium frozen yogurt house
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near Baltimore. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean