Best Western La Plata Inn
6900 Crain Highway, La Plata, MD 20646-5933
Phone: +1 301-934-4900 | Fax: 301/934-5389 | 73 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
La Plata, Maryland is known for the Maryland International Raceway (MIR) and racing at Budd's Creek, so guests at our La Plata hotel are in for a real treat.
If racing and speed isn't your passion, there are plenty of other activities and recreations nearby. Bass fishing is very popular in this region and a favorite way for guests of our La Plata hotel to relax. Whether you'd rather explore the outdoor opportunities of La Plata, Maryland or discover everything the town has to offer, our guests are in a prime location to explore.
Sporting events are another big reason guests come to our La Plata hotel, with the Blue Crab Stadium nearby. If it's a vacation you're after, there's plenty to do. However, many guests are in town for a wedding or reception, and we're happy to offer blocks to wedding parties. Funerals, corporate travel and business meetings are also reasons many of our guests are in La Plata.
For history buffs, there's an abundance of sites to see. From Smallwood State Park to the historical churches in town, you can easily spend a day immersed in the culture of the area. The old churches and other historically-rich sites are favorite must-see attractions.
We're the best in town, right off of route 301, and offer plenty of free parking, including truck and bus parking, to guests of our La Plata hotel. Many business travelers choose us because of our great location and value. We regularly welcome employees of Indian Head Naval Base, Dahlgren Naval Base, Morgantown Power Plant and Charles County, Maryland, to name just a few. With electrical hookups for boats in a quaint country setting, our La Plata hotel is the ideal choice for business or leisure travel.
Reserve your next room at Best Western La Plata Inn and take advantage of our great value!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke-free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Outdoor pool
- 24-hour front desk
- Guest laundry 1 washing machine and 1 dryer. Laundry soap available to purchase
- Free parking
- Meeting facilities, Refurbished 2005
- Fax services
- Photocopy services
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
- Universal gym
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridor
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out upon request when available
- Cable or satellite television HBO®, The Movie Channel
- Free wireless Internet available in public areas; Free in-room wireless Internet access; Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Executive/club floors/VIP services Best Western Rewards
- Exercise facility Open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. One treadmill, one exercise bike and one elliptical. Includes weight machine and free weights.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Business center Two computers with Internet access and printer, scanner and limited use copier.
- Printer available
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Two pc's located in lobby with printer
- Hearing impaired services Have strobe light and tele-caption available at the front for room.
- Elevator, wheelchair accessible
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Cold weather hook-ups
- Ice/vending machines
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Complimentary 24-hour coffee
- Free use of lobby business center
- Light food socials available during the week in the afternoons - check with hotel for availability
- Pc station now located in the lobby
Best Western La Plata Inn
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western la plata inn in La Plata.
Best Western La Plata Inn
Conveniently located, the best western la plata inn in La Plata, Maryland is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 38.523605 / Latitude: -76.981275
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: Washington, DC. Take Interstate 95 North to Exit 7A. Proceed to Route 5 South to Route 301 South to the Best Western La Plata Inn.
From: Richmond. Take Interstate 95 North to Exit 104. Travel on Route 207 to Route 301 North to Best Western La Plata Inn.
Best Western La Plata Inn
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Located just south of D.C. in south-central Maryland, Fort Washington Park is a former military base primarily used during the early 19th century and the War of 1812. The base was originally constructed as a defensive strong hold for in coming traffic via the Potomac River.
Today, there are plenty of enticing things to do at Fort Washington Park – including outdoor recreational opportunities along the three-mile wildlife trail, picnicking, and the Civil War artillery demonstrations taking place one Sunday per month from April to October. Visitors can also enjoy perusing the museum, catching picturesque views of the river, and look up at the 28-foot tall Fort Washington Light.
Located just south of D.C. in south-central Maryland, Harmony Hall is an 18th century, Georgian-style mansion in Fort Washington. The mansion is found within Fort Washington Park alongside the Potomac River.
Due to the mansion’s historical significance and cultural embodiment of the region it was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980. The mansion’s grounds encompass over 60 acres in total near Broad Creek.
Just about 20 miles southwest of D.C., Piscataway Park preserves 4,00 acres of meadows, wetlands, and woodlands – as well as several historic structures. The park is home to the Marshall Hall National Colonial Farm and the Accokeek Creek Site – both have been named to the National Register of Historic Places.
Due to the park’s large size and unique, picturesque landscape, outdoor recreation at Piscataway Park is abundant. Water recreation on the Potomac River and boating off of Farmington Landing and Marshall Hall boat launches are popular, while bird watching on the shore is equally as rewarding.
On your next trek through Maryland, head for the western region, near DC, and visit the Regency Furniture Stadium. Whether you're a baseball fanatic, or simply in search of something fun and unique to do on your visit to nearby La Plata, make a day of it at Regency Furniture Stadium.
Home to the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs of the Atlantic League of Professional Baseball, Regency Furniture Stadium opened in 2008, and seats 4,200 fans. Each year, the RFS hosts the Southern Maryland Nationals baseball tournament. You can find RFS just east of Highway 301 along Piney Church Road.
History comes alive at St. Mary's City. Once notable for being the fourth permanent settlement in British North America, St. Mary's City has thrived and survived throughout the years. Now, it pays tribute to its historical heritage with an accommodating welcome center, living history museums, hands-on archeological sites, and costumed interpretations of colonial life.
Located in southern Maryland near La Plata, this site offers many opportunities for a fun-filled day, perfect for the family or the traveling history buff. Be sure to check out the town's calendars for some of the annual events.
Found just a short drive south of D.C. and just outside of La Plata, the Thomas Stone National Historic Site preserves the home of Thomas Stone – one of the 56 signees of the Declaration of Independence. The site encompasses over 360 acres in total, including the Stone family’s estate – sometimes known as Haberdeventure.
The Stone’s home, farm buildings, and family center are available for viewing via both ranger-led tours and self-guided tours. Guests can also stop by the Thomas Stone Visitor Center for a variety exhibits, displays, and a short orientation film.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 6.00 mile(s) from Regency Stadium, home of southern maryland blue crabs minor league baseball
- 7.00 mile(s) from Smallwood Regional Park, playground and hiking trails bike trails and art gallery
- 6.00 mile(s) from Port Tobacco Maryland, colonial city
- 17.00 mile(s) from Suratts House
- 17 mile(s) from Budds Creek Raceway, Motorcross
- 35.00 mile(s) from Pax River NATC
- 15 mile(s) from Potomac River, Bass Fishing
- 10.00 mile(s) from Dr Mudds House
- 35.00 mile(s) from Washington DC, National monuments
- 30.00 mile(s) from Gaylord National Resort, Convention Center
- 1.5 mile(s) from La Plata Plaza North
- 8 mile(s) from St. Charles Towne Center
- 10 mile(s) from Festival Shopping Center
- 10 mile(s) from Marketplace
- 35 mile(s) from National Harbor
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Outdoor pool
- 7.00 mile(s) from Laurel Springs Park, youth softball baseball and playground
- 9.00 mile(s) from Gilbert Run, fishing,boating, hiking
- 10.00 mile(s) from Regency Stadium, baseball and concerts
- 15.00 mile(s) from Smallwood State Park, fishing, boating, hiking
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this La Plata, Maryland hotel.
- 1 mile(s) from Outback Steakhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from The Green Turtle, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Crossing at Casey Jones, Bar/Lounge, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from La Tolteca Mexican, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Texas Roadhouse, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Cindy's Pancake Plus, Full Service, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch,
- 1 mile(s) from Apple Spice Junction, Deli, American, Open for: lunch,
- 1.5 mile(s) from Chipotle, Fast Food, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Pizza Hotline, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Domino's Pizza, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Arby's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from The Town Mouse Market, Deli, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Arizona Pizza, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1 mile(s) from Eastern Chinese Restaurant, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 1.5 mile(s) from El Ranchito, Full Service, Mexican, Open for: breakfast, lunch, American Breakfast
- 2 mile(s) from Wendy's, Fast Food, American, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2 mile(s) from Pizza Hut, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 mile(s) from Hunan Star, Full Service, Chinese, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 mile(s) from Applebee's Bar and Grill, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 mile(s) from Starbuck's, Coffee Shop, American, Open for: breakfast,
- 2 mile(s) from Ledo Pizza, Full Service, American, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 mile(s) from Ouzo's, Full Service, Greek, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 2 mile(s) from Johnny Boy Ribs, Fast Food, American, Open for: lunch, dinner, BBQ Pit open all year
- 11 mile(s) from Captain Billy's Crab Hous, Full Service, Seafood, Open for: lunch, dinner,
- 7 mile(s) from Olive Garden, Full Service, Italian, Open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- 2.5 miles from Texas Roadhouse, Full Service, Steak House, Open for: dinner, Mon - Thursday 4pm - 10 pm, Friday 4pm - 11pm, Saturday 12pm -11pm, and Sunday 12pm - 9pm.
Best Western La Plata Inn
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest in or near La Plata. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean